Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Holy Delish!


Made Greek Souzoukaklia (pic and recipe from Allrecipes.com) last night (really have no idea if it is actually Greek). Man, it was good! I thought the ingredients were a bit odd, but what they hey! I used what I had in the pantry so the website's recipe is a little longer. 1 lb. ground beef or turkey, 1/3 onion-chopped, 1/8 tsp coriander, 1/8 tsp cinnamon, 1/2 dash nutmeg 1/8 tsp paprika (I didnt have cayenne pepper, and paprika is red so...), 2 T. chopped raisins, 1/2 tsp chopped flat leaf parsley, mix and grill. I did burgers, but should be skewered meatballs.

Our Calendar of Cookery is a resounding success. We have discovered several new staples to our pantry and I have found that cooking for Happy Husband each day make him happier and even more helpful around the house.

He popped up from playing video games and asked if he could help me clean up, gave me a hug and a kiss and said thank-you. He did a load of laundry in the morning. When asked, "What brings this on," he responded with "I don't know. Just being nice." Just goes to show you how a little effort goes a long way in maintaining the peace in your household. Happy Wife and Happy Husband indeed.

Listening to: "Howl" by Florence + the Machine
Reading: "Sarah's Key" by Tatiana de Rosnay