Wednesday, January 4, 2012

2012 Goals to Attack

I'm gonna get cha'!

I already know that 2012 is going to be a year for the books! 2011 most definitely was (between Shawn being laid of to me beginning a new job, to him finding a new one and moving to South Carolina while I stayed in AZ for three months,to me leaving new job moving across country, the anxiety of renting out our beloved house, to me finally getting a new job, and creating a life during it all... I am exhausted and happily put that wacky roller coaster to bed).

This will be the year I actually try to make some goals:
Behold my goals:

  1. Put down the soda cans, woman! There is no need for one person to drink so much Ginger Ale and Diet Coke. 3pm everyday is NOT a special occasion
  2. Stop paying Wells Fargo so much dang interest! They already have enough money, so pay off that $5,000 credit card.
  3. Comb your hair and put your face on! Just because you have a baby (soon, I hope!), doesn't mean you should look like a mess. Other people have to look at you and you don't want to scare your kid. 
  4. Get out of the house! Have at least one baby-free date night with Hubs. Remind him that he is your Husband first before being Henry's daddy.
  5. Give yourself some credit! Learn to take a compliment. (This drives Hubster bananas and always "requests" you just say thank you. May actually be his life's mission at some points.)
There we are. Obviously, I have other goals, like losing the baby weight (I freely admit that it is actually pizza and pasta weight and that my baby will probably account for a very teensy amount that I chubbed on my hips) before my 10 Year High School Reunion this Fall. Learning how to parent and taking care of myself are overarching themes for 2012 and  am not going to pressure myself to look like one of my model-y classmates (there are several on Facebook).

What are some of your goals and themes of 2012?

No comments: