Wednesday, January 12, 2011

A Feast with a Fez On

Last night I made a super easy fish dish from my cookbook. I adapted the recipe to only make two servings, but it is simple to adjust to fit your needs.


Moroccan  Red Snapper with Chermoula
Ingredients:
  • 2 fillets red snapper (I used tilapia, because I always use tilapia)
  • 2 cloves garlic
  • 1/2 scant cup cilantro
  • pinch sea salt
  • 1/2 tsp paprika
  • 1/2 tsp ground cumin
  • 1/3 c. extra virgin olive oil
  • 2 T. lemon juice
  • 2 Lime wedges, for taste
Directions:
  1. Using a mortar and pestle (which I would love to have, so I used a bowl and spoon and then a food processor), grind and smash garlic, then add in sea salt and cilantro followed by paprika and cumin.Once that is all nice and smooshy slowly incorporate olive oil and lemon juice. Bang! You have Moroccan Chermoula!
  2. Place fillets in non-metallic baking dish. Make a couple slashes in each fillet and marinate with Chermoula for one hour in the refrigerator.
  3. Preheat your oven to broil (or heck, use the grill... yum!). Broil fish for 4-5 minutes per side.
  4. Garnish with a sprig of cilantro and a lime wedge.
Serving Suggestion:
Serve with side of couscous and green beans. That's what I did and it was a spicy bit o' heaven.

2 comments:

Alycia Grayce (Crowley Party) said...

that looks like heaven!

Young People in Love said...

o0o0o0o0o0o yum in the tum! your recipes look fabulous!