12 a.m. today, two years ago, Shawn made the best decision of his life
He dropped down on one knee. I yelled "what are you doing?" He asked me to marry him. I cried, said yes a thousand times and then cried some more.
New Years is a particularly special time for us.
I am looking forward to the marvels that this new year has in store for us.
Here's my end of the bargain (I resist the term "resolution"):
- To get into shape (at least a shape that is not round)
- To finally defeat my addiction to Diet Coke (this is a REAL problem)
- Pay off a credit card
- Cook every recipe in my "Ethnic Cuisine" cookbook (I've made about a third so I know that they are super tasty)
- Watch my whining. I admit I am a superb complainer. I plan to rectify this fault of mine in the next 12 months.
- Read more non-fiction books (whaddaya know, I just picked a couple up from the library)
- Remind myself of my great fortunes daily
- Clean out our second guestroom and then re-purpose it (we are furniture-fund-less)
- Take more daytrips with my honey
- Create a photo book from the last year, even if it takes me a year to complete
Listening to: "A Happy Place" by Katie Melua