Friday, March 11, 2011

Moving on Up to Downtown

Downtown Phoenix (via)


Today is my last day in the television bidness. I have bittersweet (but mostly sweet) feelings about leaving. I am ready to move on, to ask for what I deserve, and to make use of my abilities. I will make a difference, I will be challenged, I will be busy, I will be proud and honored by my accomplishments.

"Ask for what you want, and be prepared to get it." I know what I want and I am ready to grab hold of that proverbial brass ring.

But before I re-enter the workforce, I am taking a few days off (ok, two days, any more than that would make me antsy) and pretending I am on a vacation. Tonight is my send-off from my current coworkers. Saturday I am going to my friend, Kenda's, bridal gown fitting and my other friend Bev's, Hawaiian themed St. Patty's Day Party. I will be making my living room feel like Spain on Sunday (playing spanish guitar music, eating my favorite paella, pretending to dance flamenco, and drinking my share of "Sangria" in the comforts of home). Monday Hubster and I are partaking in outdoor activities (I need to get out of the house!) Tuesday will be Spring Cleaning day (if we have to move out of state, I refuse to lug our boxes of boxes and Hubby's 25 old cell phones across country).

I can't wait for the adventures we have before us! Woo-hoo!

1 comment:

Wendy Annabeth said...

Oh how I love an adventure! I have moved several times throughout my life and there's no better rush to me than traveling across country! Look forward to hearing about your new life in AZ!