Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Every two years we pack up and go

Someone once said,"If you can get through a move, you can get through anything." Hubster and I move every two years, it seems. Obviously this last move will have been the most difficult of all previous moves. Happy Hubby and I have lived together since, oh dear, the summer of 2005.

We first ventured from our "single" living (he out of his fraternity house, and I from my house I shared with three great friends - a sorority of sorts) and moved down the road a bit into our first apartment in Tempe, Arizona. It was a beautiful one-bedroom just across from the gorgeous complex pool. It was also infested with scorpions. We captured 11 of them in the last year we lived there.



We then moved to Phoenix, near the base of South Mountain. Hello fun hiking in our front yard! Another beautiful apartment, this one a two-bedroom just below some interesting characters (and beside a R&B fanatic smoker who filled my closet with its stench until they moved out). We lived there when we became engaged.

In 2009 we purchased our first home. A 'burb enthusiast, I loved living in Chandler. So close to everything and anything. Our three-bedroom three-bathroom house was a wonderful home.  This is the house we resided in when we married, when we rescued Remy, where we planned a baby nursery. I cried like a baby when we left.

Coming up soon: our new home in Greenville, SC and how we got there!

No comments: