Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Mommy Takes a Tumble

This is why I wear New Balance and not stilettos (they also hide the fact that I can't bend to pedicure my feet)

When a woman is enduring the last few weeks of pregnancy - that is, when she feels like she has a planet stuck to the front of her - things get a tad wobbly. The center of gravity is off a bit (pulling from aforementioned planet - naturally). I waddle and I swing my arms with unintentional vigor. I have finally packed away my wedges after much begging from friends and family.

My clumsiness timing is impeccable, as usual.

Sunday afternoon, I returned home exhausted from several hours of church and errand running. Wham-o! Next thing I knew I was sprawled out on the garage floor, crying like a wounded five-year-old. I rolled my left ankle and scraped up my right elbow and knee. Belly remained free of harm, but I still bawled my face off. 



Shawn scooped me up like a newborn and carried my hysterical self inside. Walking aint easy, when your body feels like twice its normal size, even when it isn't.

To make matters more fun, I might have a stress fracture in my right foot. That dang foot (a key to proper walking, I've heard) has been giving me issues for the past couple weeks. It is most likely a stress fracture most likely as it isn't swollen and the pain goes away when I don't walk on it. Go figure. I wrap it up at night and keep my butt firmly in my computer chair at work.

Its been a fun ride. Humbly Hobbled and no longer going at 80 miles per hour. I'll just sit right here and wait for birth.

No comments: