Monday, August 29, 2011

Classic Perfection


Somethings are just soooo right you cannot improve upon them. Some things are just the best.
Nestle Toll House Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe, I'm calling your name.

I have tried other recipes for allegedly the world's best cookie, but I cannot fathom a better one than Toll House's. This weekend I made four dozen cookies and and sloooowly making my way through them. Bless that test kitchen that originated this butter and brown sugar dream. I don't add nuts or coconut or other flavors or additives. Simple perfection is the power of a delicious cookie dream come true.

A plus side is that Happy Husband has made it his mission to eat as many as possible in one sitting... at every sitting. They are his favorite cookie too.

You can find the magic recipe on the back of their semi-sweet chocolate chips or here. What do you find so classic it should never be altered? What are some things you believe to be the world's best?

Obviously no one paid me for my baking and tasting opinion, if they did I would opine all the time and overindulge with more frequency. That being said if anyone wants to pay me to bake and eat and spread the good word of a fine pasrty, I am accepting all offers in all forms of payment.

2 comments:

Bree said...

I made a single portion ready to eat chocolate chip cookie dough yesterday that I had saw on pinterest. Not *quite* as good as regular batter (maybe because there was no egg?) but it still hit the spot!
And then because I had leftover chocolate chips, I put them in my pancakes for dinner tonight :)

Bree said...

Here's the recipe if you wanted!
Single Serving Ready to Eat Cookie Dough Recipe: 1 tbsp Milk, 3 tbsp Flour, 2 tbsp Sugar (white or brown), 1 1/2 tbsp Butter, splash of vanilla extract & as many Chocolate Chips as you want!

Enjoy :)