Friday, August 5, 2011

The first week of August..


  1. I miss red lipstick! I haven't worn it since I've become a southerner and didn't realize how much miss it until watching Captain America with the hubster. Enjoyed the movies, but spent much of the time envying the finger waves and those cherry red puckers. Busting out my trusty tube now!
  2. My bump is really showing, as evidenced by yesterday's post. It just popped out of nowhere in the past couple days.
  3. I have come down with some serious cabin fever. Need.To.Get.Out.Of.The.House.But.First.Need.Money.Tree!
  4. Not having purchased a single thing for the bean is making me crazy. I am a planner who needs to feel prepared. So I bought a package of diapers on my way home, just in case the fetus needs one in several months.
  5. Florida avocados are great for eating by themselves (they shoot me straight back to my Grandfather's avocado tree in his backyard.. a tasty childhood, indeed!), but are not great for making guacamole. Alas, shoulda bought a Hass. Even as a wee one, I could eat an entire giant the size of my face with simply salt and pepper.
 Here is a quick recipe of how I make my guac:

GUACAMONIQUE
1 Hass avocado, slightly squishy to the touch
1/4 red onion, chopped small
1/4 tomato, seeded and chopped
1 tsp. garlic powder (we use more garlic than most people I know :) )
2-3 twists of a black pepper mill
2 shakes of a salt shaker (sometimes, I leave it out

Slice open the avocado, lengthwise. To remove the pit, whack it with the sharp side of your chef's knife twisting a little to pull it out. Combine all ingredients. Mash with a potato masher to save minutes of frustration, but make sure to leave some chunks. Give a quick gentle stir with a spoon. Devour using tortilla chips, pita, bread, your hands, whatever you have available! This goes very quick in this happy lil home. Salud!

1 comment:

Megan and Justin said...

that recipe sounds amazing! just found your blog, following now!