Generally, when I commit to something it is a short two-week maximum commitment (clearly, my happily-ever-after commitments are not subject to this unfortunate generalization). Lately, however I find myself hitting my goals (like running -and not losing- my first 5k) and want to set a bloggerverse related one. I borrowed this 30-day challenge from another blogger and want to see if I can keep this up... we shall see.
Day 1-Introduce, recent picture, 15 interesting facts
Day 2-Meaning behind your blog name
Day 3-Your first love
Day 4-Your parents
Day 5-Your siblings
Day 6-A picture of something that makes you happy
Day 7-Favorite movies
Day 8-A place you've traveled to
Day 9-A picture of your friends
Day 10-Something you're afraid of
Day 11-Favorite tv shows
Day 12-What you believe
Day 14-A picture you love
Day 15-Bible verse
Day 16-Dream house
Day 17-Something you're looking forward to
Day 18-Something you regret
Day 19-Something you miss
Day 21-Picture of yourself
Day 22-Favorite city
Day 23-Favorite vacation
Day 24-Something you've learned
Day 25-Put your iPod on shuffle, first 10 songs
Day 26-Picture of your family
Day 28-Something that stresses you out
Day 29-3 Wishes
Day 30-a picture
Here we go...
Le Jour Un
Introduce - Recent Photo - 15 Interesting FactsMy name is Monique. I live in Chandler, Arizona with my Happy Husband and Happy Lil Mutt. I have phenomenal friends and a fabulous family.
1. I was born in Miami, Florida and though I haven't lived there since I was 12, I still consider it my homeland.
2. I love music but have no talent for playing (my talent caps off with playing the wood block and the triangle).
3. I am the oldest of my three siblings, but am the shortest by six inches.
4. I love roller coasters, amusement parks and carnivals.
5. I have a passion for traveling, but it is a true rarity unless visiting family. Our first non-family-visit vacation was our honeymoon and we had already been dating six and a half years!
6. I love to try to recreate foods I eat in restaurants at home. I have 33 different spices in my arsenal and pick up more every week to make it happen.
7. I love being outdoors, hiking, having a picnic, walking around the block, and especially reading a great book under the stars on my back patio.
8. I never get my oil changed on time... I am embarrassed by how many miles creep up before I actually do it.
9. I think in verse (as if I were writing literature)
10. I floss twice a day because I have teeth-falling-out nightmares if I don't.
11. If I could collect one thing, it would be shoes, but...
12. Collections bother me. I have a serious aversion to clutter and collections.
13. I laugh - a lot - when I am nervous (this includes during my wedding vows; I was trying not to cry and just ended up laughing like a madwoman). How embarrassing!
14. I am a grammar and vocabulary-freak, but keep my special SAT words in check so I don't sound pretentious.
15. I have not ridden a bike that was not stationary since I was in middle school (the exact time my parents mentioned the bike-helmet rule) and fear that I may have forgotten how!
Listening to: "Come on Closer" by Jem