Tuesday, November 9, 2010

30-Day Challenge...going strong

Le Jour Deux
Why is my blog named what it is?


I chose Domestic Manifesto because I have found myself adhering to more and more "domestic" mores recently. I cook, I clean, I do windows... I have said that I want to one day have a coup and take over the PTA (first need to have children, so we are thinking this is a more long-term goal) and reign supreme as the next coming of Martha Stewart. The 'burbs have no idea what is in store for the future. I think of my life and all that it has come to encompass recently: I am a suburban homeowner, a wife, a mother to a very hairy dog, I work full-time. I am a friend, a daughter, a sister, a companion and a lover (tee hee hee, that word).

Amongst all this domesticity, I have decided that I must not lose track of who I want to be. I have created this manifesto as a guide (for myself) to remember and appreciate inward reflection, the loving of self and other, the appreciation of all things creative, the importance of laughter and making and maintaining of memories. This is my public declaration of my very own domestic principles.

(image taken from SodaHead.com)

No comments: