Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Reflection



Sittin' in the mornin' sun

I'll be sittin' when the even' come
Watchin' the ships roll in
And then I'll watch 'em go out again

I'm gonna sit on the dock of the bay
Watchin' the tide roll away
Sit on the dock of the bay wastin' time, ooh ohh

One of my favorite reflection songs, this has me think of the places I have been to get where I am and the things I have done to be who I am at this moment. Sometimes we focus so much on going, going, going and pleasing, pleasing, pleasing for so long that when we take a step back we realize that we are in the same place as the same person. That isn't a bad thing.

Listening to: "Sittin' on the Dock of the Bay" (cover) by Sara Bareilles

If you were falling, then I would catch you
If you need a light, then I'd find a match
'Cause I love the way you say Good Morning
And you take me the way I am

If you are chilly, here take my sweater
Your head is aching, I'll make it better
'Cause the way you call me baby
And you take me the way I am

I'll buy you Rogaine when you start losing your hair
Sew you patches on all you tear
'Cause I love you more than I could ever promise
And you take me the way I am
You take me the way I am, you take me the way I am

I told you it was a good thing.

Listening to: "The Way I Am" by Ingrid Michaelson

Adieu, mon amis!

No comments: