Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Should-a, Would-a, Could-a

Le Jour Dix-Huit
Something I Regret


All of my decisions, I have my fair share of good and bad, make me who I am. I have my *face-palm* moments too often I fear, but I do not tend to have regrets about anything. There is one big thing that I do regret, and I do not think I will do anything about it...

I should have switched my major from Journalism/Public Relations when I wanted to during my junior year at Arizona State University. I should be in early-childhood education.

I have had a life-long dream of teaching children how to read.

Literacy + Children = Lifelong Passion. I wanted to write children's books when I was seven, and loved to read to the little kids (those a year or two younger than me) when I was in middle school. I used to read books with my three younger siblings and help them with their English homework. I worked with the local YMCA After-School Care Program during high school, caring for/playing with/teaching elementary school kids.

I don't know going back to school is in the cards for me (I have a very difficult time grappling with taking on more student loans/debt). I know that I would be very happy teaching, but I would be more miserable adding to any kind of financial strain on Hubby and myself. Damn that practical side of mine!


(I have also seriously thought the idea of going to nursing school - I would love to work in either pediatrics or geriatrics, but my hang-up is huge and I don't know how to get over it).

Listening to: "Meddle" by Little Boots

No comments: