Tuesday, November 30, 2010

I am a Know-It-All

Le Jour Vingt-Quatre
Something I Have Learned



I know that I am a Know-It-All. I know that it is supposed to be a fault, but I can't help but be a smidge smug of my gigantic brain (I am very modest, too, can't you tell). I love-love-love to learn. I live to read and sponge up new info. I actually enjoyed school, well maybe not geology and any of my math classes, but all of my journalism, sociology, film history, literature, language, psych, public relations, etc. classes. I am the embodiment of curious. I think of weird stuff, then look up anything I can about it. Yes, I read the entire Encloypaedia Britannica when I was a kid (I am sure it is pretty outdated by now, and am in pursuit of updating my knowledge bank). What a fun child, huh?


"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday." -Abraham Lincoln


During our car ride, Shawn, my gorgeous and happy hubby, and I would enter bizarre conversations (Like "Do sharks menstruate? Most have live births, so does that mean they get their period?" and "Do birds urinate?" and the magical "Can you grow hair on your tongue?"

{Answers: 1. No, but the babies inside the mom eat each other until only one survives and when its born the mother abandons it so it fends for itself. That also explains the anger sharks seem to possess. 2. No, birds produce uric acid (not urea) and it comes out when they poop; its the white part of the poop. 3. No, you cannot grow hair on your tongue, but chewing tobacco can make it look like it. We both agreed that would be "nasty."}

That was about a ten minute conversation and phone googling. You can imagine the other gems that came up during the total 13 hours of driving.

Listening to: "Timshel" by Mumford & Sons

No comments: