Monday, November 8, 2010

How Does Your Garden Grow?

The Happy Husband and I built a raised garden this weekend. His mother grows incredible vegetables in her Illinois garden, and I desperately want to prove to myself that I, too, have a green thumb. I am skeptical that growing things is really within my realm of realistic talents as I am batting about 500 right now (having killed an un-killable bamboo, doesn't shine very well on my record).

We built the garden approximately 2 feet tall with an arc of 7 feet all the way around. We stacked heavy precast concrete stone pavers, dug irrigation for the drip system, and mucked around in the stinkiest garden soil all weekend long. Now I just need some seeds that will survive the 30 degree-possible Arizona "winters" and random ambushes by my little baby dog.

Listening to: "Shark in the Water" by VV Brown

No comments: